Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Welcome Back!

Its been a long time since I've last blogged about Birch Meadow and Wood End Schools art classes!
Welcome back after a restful, yet busy summer.  This new school year I am starting with a few different things.  Through the art teacher blog SmArt Class, I have adapted the self-portrait mural project.  View the site click on this link.  Each class in grade 1 through five will do this.  I am only doing this project at Wood End.  Only because I have not yet seen any of my classes at Birch Meadow.  I like to keep the children all caught up at the same pace at each school, so by the time I see all of my students, they will all be working on the same projects. 

Second graders at Wood End have started a line design project.  I call it Vertical/Horizontal.  Below is an example done by yours truly.  Birch Meadow students will start this as well.  Grades 3, 4, and 5 will beging making sketchbooks at both schools and grade 1 will beging their studies about the basic elements of art.  That's what I have in store for us so far.  Check back often for pictures and updates! 
Mrs. Erb's Example

No comments:

Post a Comment