Friday, June 8, 2012

Aboriginal Dot Painting

I was inspired by Kathy Barbaro's lesson on her blog Art Projects for Kids.  Second graders and I discussed Australian Aboriginal artwork and symbols and meanings and we focused on their Dot paintings. 

I followed the lesson pretty square on, but did change a few things.  I used 6x9 inch watercolor paper.  I had the kids draw a border around their paper and draw in the border.  I let them use any geometric shape they would like to draw like, circles, triangles, rectangles, diamonds, etc.  I also let them use any type of colored marker (sharpies).  We got as far as adding color.  The last step will be to add watercolor paint over the drawings. 

adding color

adding color

adding color

Adding color

drawing in pencil

No comments:

Post a Comment