Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Cool Kids, Warm Clothes by Grade 1


Ice Skating by Natalie W.

Students in first grade at Wood End studied color families.  We talked about warm, cool and neutral colors. Warm colors are reds, yellows, and oranges.  Cool colors are blues, greens, and violets (purples). Neutral colors are browns, grays, black, and white.  Warm colors make us feel warm and we think of the sun or summer time.  Cool colors make us think of grass or water, or cold days. 



Snowboarding by Jonathan A.

For our project, we created a winter scene.  We drew a picture of ourselves participating in our favorite outdoor winter activity using cool and neutral colors. We colored in everything except our clothing.  The next class we used torn tissue paper in warm colors to create our warm clothes.  Take a look at our results!

5 comments:

  1. I love this lesson, especially using the warm colors for warm clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the use of warm color tissue paper to add warm clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! check back often...I will be posting more soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finding your blog. I'm adding you onto my blog roll so I can follow your new posts!

    MiniMatisse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Mrs. Hahn! I've also add you to mine as well!

    ReplyDelete