Thursday, November 4, 2010

Grade 2 Pattern

I wanted to teach my second graders about pattern.  Previous lesson that I have done weren't working.  I came across a lesson from a blog called "Art with Mr. E".  It was about making pattern rainforests.  I thought it was a great lesson, so I adapted it to fit into my curriculum.  The Birch Meadow students started this lesson at the end of September and I have finally had a chance to post the finished results.  See the old post here.  We drew our forests, and made sure there were lots of patterns in our tree branches and trunks.  We outlined our work with black sharpie, and then colored with oil pastel.  The last step was to over paint with watercolor paint to create a resist effect.  Currently, the Wood End students are working on this project.  They have just begun the lesson.   

2 comments: